Castiglione Messer Raimondo is well worth the drive as you enjoy the spectacular views of the San Lorenzo vineyards.
Distance from Casa Anatra: 10km
Things to see:
- San Nicola di Bari (18th century), with a precious processional cross in copper and gilded silver of the XVI century.
- Remains of the “Castello” (12th-14th century)
- Borgo fortificato di Apignano
- 6-7 August: Feast of San Donato
- Last weekend in August: Sagra del formaggio pecorino and local dishes
Note: Keep in mind that most shops close between 1:30pm and 4:00pm